I will be posting updates all day with the latest Eagles news and rumors that you won't find anywhere else.
3:58 - The Denver Broncos have released former Pro Bowl WR Javon Walker. There is a good chance that the Eagles will be taking good look at Walker.
3:16 pm - The Daily New is reporting that Oakland Raiders DE Chris Clemons is in route to Philadelphia, and it is likely he will not be leaving. Clemons was under the radar last season but posted 8 sacks. He is a explosive, fast DE with a great motor, from what I've read and heard.
2:18 pm- SportingNews and Comcast SportsNET are reporting Asante Samuel is set to sign with the Eagles for 5 years $47.2M. That is just over $9M per season. Seems kind of low. Most likely that is the base salary, and there probalay is incentives to make the deal worth $55M. If that is the price the Eagles get him at though, that is good news.
10:15 am - 610 WIP's Howard Eskin is reporting that within 24 hours the Eagles will be signing free agent DE Chris Clemons formerly of the Oakland Raiders. Here is Chris Clemons Bio from the Raiders website.
9:53 am - GET'CHA POPCORN READY. The Eagles are reporting on their website that Asante Samuel will be in Philadelphia today, and that he will be available to the media at the NovaCare Complex at 4:30. Huge news.
9:21 am - There is a new report coming out of Kansas City that Eagles could trade for DE Jared Allen. It was reported on FoxSports Radio overnight that the Eagles would send Lito Sheppard, their 19th pick, and a fourth round pick for DE Jared Allen. Don't really like it. I think a First Round pick and Lito is just to much.
8:33 am - GCobb was just on 610 WIP and he said that his sources inside the Eagles front office have told him that the signing of Asante Samuel is a done deal. It should be announced later this afternoon. He also said that Lito Sheppard is out, and that Arizona is the leading candidate for Sheppard. He made some great points on why Arizona will be trading Larry Fitzgerald to the Eagles. The Cardinals cap problems, the fact that they already have Anquan Bolden, and the Cardinals serious need for a cornerback. GCobb said that the Eagles plan the whole time was to sign Samuel and trade Lito for Larry Fitzgerald. If this goes down, it could be a better offseason then 2004.
7:59 am - The Boston Globe is reporting that Philadelphia will likely be the only stop Asante Samuel will make today. A six year deal worth $60M is rumored to be what Samuel will be getting.
7:54 am - PhillyBurbs.com has said that the Eagles have been talking to Asante Samuel's agent since just past Midnight last night. He said Samuel's asking price is $12M per year. Damnnn.
7:51 am - Donovan McNabb was a guest on ESPN's Mike and Mike show this morning. They grilled him for a couple of minutes about him being traded. McNabb responded that he plans on being an Eagle this season and in the future. Nothing new there. Well he may get the playmakers he wants in the next couple of days.
Other signings and FA news:
- RB Michael Turner will be visiting the Falcons today.
- G Justin Smiley signed a 5 year deal with the Dolphins.
- RB DeShaun Foster signed a 2 year deal with 49ers.
- The Jets will be trading Jonathan Vilma to Saints for Draft Pick.
- Saints trying to trade for TE Jeremey Shockey.
- Packers traded DT Corey Williams to Browns for 2nd round pick.
- WR Bernard Berrian is set to visit the Vikings today.
- DE Justin Smith will visit 49ers today and Vikings tomorrow.
- Top Guard Alan Faneca will be signing with either the Jets, Rams, or the 49ers.
- CB Drayton Florence will sign with the Bucs, Lions, or Redskins.
- DT Shaun Rogers of the Lions and Jaguars DT Marcus Stroud are both on the Block.
- Jets have offered the Panthers 3rd and a 5th round picks for DT Kris Jenkins.
- The Browns have re-signed QB Derek Anderson.
- The Dolphins are expected to make huge offer to Free Agent LB Calvin Pace today.
- Jaguars DT Marcus Stroud is set to visit the Buffalo Bills this weekend.
- WR Donte Stallworth will be meeting with the Browns this weekend.
- The Vikings have signed free agent safety Madieu Williams.
- The Jaguars have signed WR Jerry Porter.
- The Vikings are staying busy signing FB Thomas Tapeh.
- Dolphins sign WR Ernest Wilford.
- The Seahawks are close to signing TE Alge Crumpler.
- The Bengals have traded for Lions DT Shaun Rogers.
Top Ten Teams with most Cap Room:
1) Jacksonville Jaguars, $46.27M
2) Tennessee Titans, $42.73M
3) Buffalo Bills, $39.61M
4) Minnesota Vikings, $35.49M
5) New Orleans Saints, $35.25M
6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers, $33.41M
7) San Francisco 49ers, $3.274M
8) Philadelphia Eagles, $31.34
9) Cincinnati Bengals, $31.21
10) Oakland Raiders, $30.59
Recent Eagles posts: